ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Friday, June 04, 2010

Weekend Box Office #188

Another weekend of underwhelming wide releases. I don't feel old, but I feel too old for this stuff:

MARMADUKE (3213 theaters). Reviews have been bleak, and apparently this is for very young children only. Figure it'll do about $17.5 million for the weekend.... maybe.

KILLERS (2859 theaters). They didn't show this to critics in advance, and the reviews trickling in today are underwhelmed. Ashton Kutcher isn't really a movie star. $13.4 million for the weekend.

GET HIM TO THE GREEK (2697 theaters). Russell Brand's stateside appearances haven't been all that great, and apparently this is a bit too juvenile and R-rated for mainstream audiences. Figure it'll do about $15.5 million.

SPLICE (2450 theaters). This is supposed to be pretty solid, though the trailers make me feel like I've seen most of it. The presence of Adrian Brody and Sarah Polley will help with anyone who knows her they are, though not with the core horror crowd. Call it $12.1 million.

******

Last weekend, PRINCE OF PERSIA did $37.8 million for the four days, just beating SEX AND THE CITY 2, which did $36.8 (though it's Thursday opening did an additional ($14.2 million).

1 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Blogger E.C. Henry said...

I got a free ticket the last time I went to the theatre to see "Iron Man II" (which is totally forgetable) so I'm going to see SOMETHING after work on Sunday. Dude, this new job has me working 7 days a week.

Currently drinking a Beck's and it's getting the best of me so I'll close for now. Rock on, sir! Hope all's going well in you world, Scott.

- E.C. Henry from Bonney Lake, WA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home