ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Friday, April 16, 2010

Weekend Box Office #181

Time keeps passing. Slow it down.

Opening wide this week:

KICK-ASS (3065 theaters). There's going to be a lot of underage teens trying to sneak into this this weekend. Reviews have been pretty good, and it's on my short-list, though the R-rating is going to hamper it a little. Call it $36.6 million for the weekend.

DEATH AT A FUNERAL (2459 theaters). Solid cast, tepid reviews. $25.5 million.

******

Last week, DATE NIGHT did $25.2 million.

LETTERS TO GOD limped in with just $1.1 million.

4 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Blogger E.C. Henry said...

Not too excited about anything opening up this weekend. Still want to see "Date Night."

Got a new job this week :), AND got a pending offer for a VERY GOOD job (given my skill-set) with a contractor to Boeing. It's a union job.

Still chiping away a new script, though it's a long way off.

I'm at a VERY GOOD place spiritually now. The passage of time doesn't bother me in the least. Why does it bother you, Scott?

- E.C. Henry from Bonney Lake, WA

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Scott the Reader said...

I'm feeling my age, which is particularly old in this youth-obsessed town.

Plus my younger brother was diagnosed with cancer this week. Hopefully he's going to kick its ass. But it does underline the sense that too much life has passed by without my doing enough with it.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger E.C. Henry said...

I'll be praying for your brother.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Danny said...

I'm sorry to hear about your brother, Scott. I hope everything works out for the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home