ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Friday, April 30, 2010

Weekend Box Office #183

Not much opening this weekend, in advance of next week's IRON MAN 2 juggernaut.

A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET (3332 theaters). I'm not sure why we need a remake of this movie, and apparently it's nothing special, though it'll probably do well enough. Figure $17.8 million for the weekend.

FURRY VENGEANCE (2997 theaters). This looks truly painful, though I suppose some undemanding 6-year-olds might be entertained. $13.3 million.

*******

Last weekend, THE BACK-UP PLAN made $12.2 million, exactly what I predicted. Though really, not the movie I'd want to be perfect on.

I underestimated the other releases. THE LOSERS somehow made $9.4 million, and OCEANS made $6.1 million.

2 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger E.C. Henry said...

We don't need another "Nightmare on Elm Street." The Seatte Times review of it said it was pretty much the same as the original.

Agreed, "Furry Vengence" looks painful. Well put, Scott.


Good news! Three week ago I got a job -- after being unemployed for 11 months! :-P Had been holding out hoping for a good job. Just got approved for another $9,000 + in Emergency Unemployment, but the longer you're out of work the harder it is to find work again. Sooo even though I COULD HAVE coasted longer, I got A JOB. (The truth is I HATED being unemployed)

But it gets better. This Monday I start an even better job for the highest per-dollar-an-hour job I've EVER had!! Even in a tough economy -- God is good!!! :)

After 11 months of looking two jobs showed interst in me on the same day. It's just the better job had to do a background check, drug test, exc.

Anyway, for the FIRST TIME since '95 I'm actually entertaing the idea of someday soon being able to take a vacation. NEVER had the $$ to do that before. But now... things are different. ;)

Okay, so maybe I haven't sold a spec script yet. Given how Hollywood is that may never happen no matter how hard I try. At least now I know I can get somewhere in life -- and not just barely be scraping by, by the skin of my teeth.

Things in my life are changing in other fronts too. My dad has 5 acres out in the country. He's getting up there in age. And now the mantle is slowly being handed to me. My brother has a two-year-old child, and I'd like to convert my dad's five acres into a farm of sorts for my brother and his family: fruit trees, maybe raise some chickens... What I'm getting at is, I'm going to have to be more active at home, and take my father's legacy to the next level.

Anyway, I can see God is for me, and doing things so that I have a future too. Whew... for the longest time I wondered about that. But God is showing me that... GOD IS GOOD!


Scott, how's your brother doing? Any improvement?

- E.C. Henry from Bonney Lake, WA

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

EC is crazy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home