ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Friday, April 23, 2010

Weekend Box Office #182

I've been writing like a madman the last few days, trying to get my TV pilot ready for a full read of it at my script group on Monday night. I'm writing for a very talented group of actors, which helps a lot. But still a lot of work to do.

The good things is that all the new movies are underwhelming, so I won't be distracted.

THE BACK-UP PLAN (3280 theaters). Reviews are unenthused, and there's just not much to tempt me here otherwise. $12.2 million for the weekend.

THE LOSERS (2936 theaters). Hard to see what the allure here is. $6.1 million.

OCEANS (1206 theaters). In an age in which there are so many great nature documentaries on TV, like the current "Life", it's hard to imagine this will find much of an audience. $3.2 million.

********

Last weekend, KICK-ASS did $19.6 million. I guess the R-rating hurt it. I saw it, and it was okay, though definitely don't take the kids. Be interesting to see if the word-of-mouth helps at all this weekend.

DEATH AT A FUNERAL did an okay $16.2 million, though with the cast it should have done better.

2 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger E.C. Henry said...

Glad to hear you're writing, Scott. Glad to hear you're surrounded by good people too. Thanks for the update.

End of April offerings not so hot. But I can't wait for May.

:) E.C. Henry

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said...

Caught Oceans with the kids, and yeah, it was pretty blah. Had some neato sea creatures here and there, but you can see them on Discovery, National Geographic, or Animal Planet. Next year's film is African Cats. I think that's been done to death as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home