ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Friday, May 21, 2010

Weekend Box Office #186

The entries continue to uninspire. I'll probably go see Iron Man 2 tonight with the wife, if only because we haven't seen a movie in about a month.

Opening wide this weekend:

SHREK FOREVER AFTER (4359 theaters). Widest release ever for an animated movie, and in 3D. But still, this has been a series of diminishing returns, and even the good reviews for this one one aren't raves. Still, it'll make a bundle. Let's call it $77 million.

MACGRUBER (2551 theaters). There initially seemed to be some hope for this, while the R-rating is encouraging, but the reviews are coming in and they aren't good. And if this movie isn't that funny, then what's the point? I think it will tank. Call it $5.8 million for the weekend.

*********

Last weekend, ROBIN HOOD only did $36.1 million. LETTERS TO JULIET did $13.5, while JUST WRIGHT did $8.3.

1 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Blogger E.C. Henry said...

Scott, "Iron Man II" SUCKS! I saw it last weekend, and was suprised how stupid it was. Just sayin'...

I'm with ya on the other offerings too. Hollywood needs new blood. Lots of unispired offering out there -- and there's more to come! :P

Eversince I started the new job I haven't had a day off yet. Got my first paycheck this Friday, and my bank account said, "Thank you." :)

Hope all's going well in your writing, family, and work life. Rock on, buddy!

- E.C. Henry from Bonney Lake, WA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home