ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Monday, February 18, 2008

I'm Back, But Sick

Had a nice couple of relaxing days in Las Vegas. We were originally scheduled to stay at the Monte Carlo, but because of the fire they had there a few weeks ago, they hadn't reopened by Thursday (I think they did on Friday), so they bounced us over to the superior Mandalay Bay for the same price.

It was too cold to hit the pool (or the lazy river, sigh), but we gambled some, ate too much, and laid around a lot. Not bad.

But giving the lie to things staying in Vegas, I brought back some sort of cold/flu thing with me. I'm coughing like your grandma who smoked for 70 years, and I sound like her too.

Normally I'd just curl up and go to bed early, but I have to go to my screenwriting group tonight, because I have more pages up, and I'm also giving out scripts to actors for my full read of my low-budget thriller next week.

Hopefully I won't cough on anyone's face. Embarrassing.

As for the weekend, Jumper won handily, while people were less interested in The Spiderwick movie and more-interested in Step Up, which both did about $19 million from Friday through Sunday.

Excuse me. I have to go hack up a lung.

8 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"As for the weekend, Jumper won handily, while people were less interested in The Spiderwick movie and more-interested in Step Up, which both did about $19 million from Friday through Sunday.

Excuse me. I have to go hack up a lung."

Come on, the box office isn't THAT embarassing.
Nevermind, you're right. Step Up?
I think I have a lung to cough up too.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger LHOOQtius ov Borg said...

I agree: I think it was hearing about the Step Up 2 box office, and not Vegas, that made you sick.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger yvonnjanae said...

If you need to cough or sneeze, raise the front of your shirt and use it to cover your nose. It might not be the most sophisticated look, but it will keep those little beads of germies from flying all over the place.

Also, what's so wrong about "Step Up?"

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Scott the Reader said...

My hacking up a lung was just me signing out, and had nothing to do with Step Up 2.

Actually, it has generally gotten better reviews than either Jumper or Spiderwyck.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger E.C. Henry said...

Wish I was in So. Cal to boil a cup of my famous chicken noodle soup made straight off the directions I read from the Cambell's can. I'm such the gourmet, I know, hold back the applause.

Saw "Juno" and "Definately, Mabye" over the weekend. Just GIVE Ellen Page the Oscar now. Wow, what a perfomance! Loved J.K. Simmon's line, "One day you'll be here on terms of you own." Diablo Cody didn't just write witty dialog, she had some really cool inter-charcter happenings too.

Think all romantic comedies are boy gets girl, boy looses girl, boy gets girl again? How bout trying this on for size: boy must choose between three equally hot women, then explain to his daughter how one of those three came to be the girl's mother! What a COOL high concept idea to begin writing a romantic comedy from.

Adam Brooks = Charlie Kaufman? Me thinks he just might!

Anyway I think seeing "Definately, Maybe" is a MUST for anyone who professes to being a avid fan of the romantic comedy genre.

- E.C. Henry from Bonney Lake, WA

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said...

Not surpised about Step Up 2 at all, the 1st made a ton of $$, and they featured that Tatum fella from the original in their commercials (he cameos).

Scott - let me know how E.C.'s soup tastes.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Tom said...

Maybe it was the conditioned air that made you feel ill, Scott. I hit Vegas three years running for a trade convention some years back and always left with a feeling in my lungs like I'd been swimming in an over-chlorinated pool.

Feel better.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Emily Blake said...

Maybe you have worms.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home