ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Will Give Notes For Food

So rumors of a possible WGA deal couldn't come at a better time for me, because things have been slow, slow, slow.

I'm luckier than a lot of people on the fringes of the movie industry; I've been getting some work. But in the last week or so it has been particularly dead.

It's a good excuse to do some writing, and I have been. I curled up with my low-budget thriller and a pen, and went through it page-by-page, tightening and punching it up in preparation for a full read that it is getting from the actors later this month at my script group.

I'm also continuing to work on the other thing, the one that I mentioned in my last post. I think I finally cracked something on it yesterday morning.

Currently I've written for at least an hour a day, for 9 straight days. Keeping it going.

Still, if anyone out there had an inclination to hire me for my famous $60 Notes Offer, now would be the time. Because I have the time now, but when this strike ends, I'm liable to get swamped. Finally.

Though let's be clear -- I still don't think they should call off the strike into the offer is fair, and right.

5 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger Lucy V said...

Take this guy up on his offer peeps. He reads all my stuff and has been more than helpful!

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger E.C. Henry said...

Scott, can't wait to get you a copy of the romantic comedy script I'm currently hard at work on for your notes, BUT that script won't be ready for show untill late March/early April (my goal right now is to have that, and the western supernatural thriller you read in December ready for this years May 1st Nichols deadline)

BUT that doesn't help the talent's current dilema now does it? Well-p, if you're truely in need I am willing to shoot ya a check for $100 with no strings attached. E-mail me if you want to take me up on that offer.

- E.C. Henry from Bonney Lake, WA

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Scott the Reader said...

Thanks for the offer, but things aren't that bad -- yet.

I just have a lot of time, if anyone wants to take advantage of it.

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Hi Scott,

I love your blog. I've been meaning to ask: I know you're a film guy, but do you have experience/desire to do theatrical plays too?

Or if not, do you know of anyone who does?

Thanks!

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Scott the Reader said...

I actually started out reading plays, for Circle in the Square in New York.

So yeah, I can critique a play.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home