ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Still Plugging Along

Thanks to everyone who sent condolesnces. And yes, my $60 script notes is still very much in business (while I'm getting pretty good at it, if I say so myself).

I'm going to try and post more regularly, or at least as the whim hits me.

Yesterday the Oscar nominations were announced, and I have no quibbles yet. I haven't seen a bunch of nominated films yet (like The Fighter, Black Swan, The Kids Are All Right and The King's Speech) though I plan to.

I liked every single nominee for best picture that I've seen, so that's something. Finally caught Winter's Bone the other day on TV, and I thought it was very solid (not that it actually has a chance in hell of winning Best Picture).

I feel like I'm coming out of my funk. Haven't been doing enough writing, though I want to. I need to. Meanwhile, I'm trying to improve my health (I have type 2 diabetes and high triglycerides) by eating much better and exercising very regularly; I've dropped 3 pounds in the last couple of weeks, and my enthusiasm is still high.

So here's hoping this is going to be a good year for everyone.

7 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see someone is sticking with their New Year resolutions! I never seem to have the time to fit exercise into my schedule.

Hope things go well for you this year.

Good to see you back on the blog!

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger E.C. Henry said...

Good to hear from you, old buddy. Sorry to hear about you having diabetes. But I am glad that you're being proactive. We need to keep Hollywood's top reader alive! ;)

As for me I've been working boatloads of hours at work (12 hour days for 6 weeks now, plus most Saturdays and an occasional Sunday) Thus my screenwriting hasn't been what I'd like it to be. BUT I am still "in the game" and determined to keep pressing forward. Hope to have a new screwball comedy ready to show you sometime soon...

ALSO I'm toying with the idea of starting my own blog up. Thinking of going with typepad, and putting in pictures and such. Will definately be on the deep side of the pond kind of posts. We'll see...

Anywoo. Good to read a post from you.

- E.C. Henry from Bonney Lake, WA

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger Sheva said...

Every beginning has an end and vice-versa is also very true. So keep the spirit alive.


Lowest Unique Bid
Online Penny Auctions

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger wcmartell said...

Scott - great that you are back... how about posting the occasional strange sentence here? I love that stuff!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger MoviePen said...

Welcome back!

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger aisha said...

Nice man. Extremely informative post. I'll be sure to pass this along to my tech guys.
1970 Chevrolet Impala AC Compressor

 
At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Porsche 993 Turbo

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home