ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Friday, March 13, 2009

Weekend Box Office #125, and also 11,000

So I wrote my 11,000th piece of paid coverage or notes yesterday. Scary, scary, scary. Not bad for 18 years of doing this.

I wonder what the record is....

*******

I'm going to be moving at the end of the month, renting a house so that my wife's mom can live with us. I think it'll work out. Fingers crossed. Though I hate moving.

*******

I'm trying to bang out 15-20 pages of a new comedy so that I can bring it in to my group of Monday night. I have the basic outlines of a story, but at this point I'm just letting the pages flow, and seeing what comes out.

*******

New in theaters this weekend:

RACE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN (3187 theaters). This seems to be getting solid-enough views, while the ads are positioning it well as a family movie that might draw in some young adults as well (the Rock plus aliens plus car chases can only help). Let's guess $26.7 million for the weekend.

THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT (2401 theaters). It's a little weird that they are remaking old horror movies that their young target audience has probably never heard of, but what the hell, it's a cool title. $10.9 million.

MISS MARCH (1742 theaters). This just looks rather stupid, without the cast to compensate. $4.1 million.

*******

Last weekend, WATCHMEN did $55.2 million. A little short of my estimate, but not bad.

1 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger E.C. Henry said...

11,000 and goin' strong. Hope to be giving you LOTS of more business in the years to come. 11,000? Hogwash! Let's push that to 15 triple zeros, and let's see where your sanity is then!

You're a good man for housing your mother-in-law, Scott. Would LOVE to read what you consider funny -- especially when you're the one writing it. You professional readers are like the Borg or the Farengi, or some other highly intelligent being that I can only look in the sky and marvel. Keep rockin'!

Going apply Elmer's glue to my butt no so I don't run off the Bonney Lake multiplex to join the throngs of 10 - 14 year olds flocking to be the first to "Race to WHich Mountain." Now only if they can witch mountain they're racing too.
(joke)
But in all seriousness, why remake that show. It sucked the first time, and it looks ever worse 30 years later! Ug. Dude, you've gotta get your shit produced like pronto. Their's so much horseshit out there. Surely, you, Scott can do better than "Race to Witch Mountain."

- E.C. Henry from Bonney Lake, WA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home