ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Friday, January 30, 2009

Weekend Box Office #120

Still in the January doldrums --

TAKEN (3183 theaters). This looks like it might be okay, though the commercials I've seen are a little vague about what it's about (other than aggressively comparing it to the Bourne movies). Prediction: $16.2 million for the weekend.

THE UNINVITED (2344 theaters). I like Elizabeth Banks, but as an evil force? No so sure. $13.5 million.

NEW IN TOWN (1941 theaters). The trailer works, but reviews have been pretty dire. Call it $9.4 million.

1 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger E.C. Henry said...

I could use a romantic comedy right about now. Will probably go see "New In Town" Saturday night --IF I can meet my writing goals.

Got reacquainted with a hero of mine this last week. My favorite person in the whole world. This guy defines cool for me. And he sings this...

"Father God I am clay in your hands/
Help me stay that way through all life's demands/
Cause the chip, and they nag, and they pull at me/
And every little thing I make up my mind to be/
Like I'm gonna be a daddy who's in the mix/
And I'm gonna be a husband who stays legit/
And I pray that I'm an artist who rises above/
The road that is wide and filled with self love/
Everything that I see draws me/
Though it's only you that I can truly see/
That it's a feast for the eyes, a low blow to purpose/
And I'm a little kid at a three ring circus/
I don't wanna gain the whole world and lose my soul...

Know who sings this?

- E.C. Henry from Bonney Lake, WA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home