ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sorry, I'm Back

I went away for a short anniversary trip, and forgot to post about the weekend movies before I left.

In theory, I'm returning with a mental reboot, but in fact I had (and still have) severe bronchitis all weekend. Still, I did avoid reading or writing anything for 5 days.

Meanwhile, though the economy continues to head south, the box office was huge this past weekend. Friday the 13th did over $43 million for its first 4 days, an opening-weekend record for a horror movie.

Confessions of a Shopaholic did a solid $17.8 million. The International did a slightly-underwhelming $10.7 million.

He's Just Not That Into You, Taken and Coraline are all holding on very well, each doing between $18 and 23 million for the weekend.

1 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, Blogger E.C. Henry said...

Glad to see you're still among the living, Scott.

Saw "Confessions of a Shopaholic" and "He's Just Not That Into You" last weekend. Really liked "Confessions of a Shopaholic." Not that impressed with the other movie.

Time to get back on the writing horse, Scott. Diddo that for me. The Nicholls deadline will be here quicker than you know it. Hope you enter and win this year.

- E.C. Henry from Bonney Lake, WA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home