ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Monday, October 01, 2007

Congratulations

This year, I know not one but two of the ten Nicholl Fellowship Finalists.

One is Brett, over at A Bucket of Love, who will undoubtedly be more insufferable than usual now ;-) I did give him notes on this script, once upon a time, though who knows if any made it into this draft.

The other is Lisa Gold, who is in my scriptwriting group. I can't take any credit for hers; though we have been tearing it apart in group for months, the draft that got her this far is the pre-torn-apart one.

If you've looking for an edge for next year, both scripts are essentially period dramas; both have WWII combat sequences.

Of course, what they both have in common is that they are very well-written. Good job, both of you.

6 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

Hot diggity dog! So proud for Brett! I'm sure your notes helped.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger E.C. Henry said...

Mary Ann, you stealin' my phrases?! (I LOVE "hot diggity dog")

Scott, your a great friend as always. Glad to hear one of your own is doing well in the Nicholl's. Hopefully, Lisa AND Brett will both win a Fellowship and envite their fan base out for ice cream -- on them! (joke) But seriously, I am glad for both of the them and hope they can use this publicity to land a script sale.

- E.C. Henry from Bonney Lake, WA

 
At 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both were WWII period dramas? Well I'm in the Semi-Finals (and I guess staying there now) and my script was a WWII period drama too. There must be something in the air. Congratulations to all the finalists.

James - London, UK

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger aggiebrett said...

Hey, man--


Thanks for the shout-out, as well as the great notes and plain old friendship and support these past few years. I'm pompous enough to say "yeah, it's a good script" but also honest enough to confess that luck surely has a huge role in all this.

It's just a shame that the decision isn't based upon "which writer has the coolest friends and supporters," as then I'd be a lock, baybee.

Onwards.
.
.
.
happy to be here B

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Jallad Productions said...

Yell, "well-written" that always seems to be the hard part for me.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Thomas Crymes said...

"I know not one but two of the ten Nicholl Fellowship Finalists."

Knowing is half the battle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home