ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Surreal Real-Life Movie Moments

So late last night, I go to take a shower. I turn on the shower fairly high so that it can warm up, and then I sit on the nearby toilet to, you know, do my bidness.

And as I'm sitting there, I hear the shower get quieter, quieter... and then the water completely stop.

There's no one else in the bathroom, and no one could have gotten to the shower; literally, I'm sitting 2 feet away from it, and it has a glass door, not a curtain. I couldn't help but think that it would be a nice, spooky, wtf movie moment.

__________

Unfortunately, I knew exactly what was going on.

For the second night in a row, the water main under our apartment had burst. Hundreds of gallons of water, pouring out onto the street right next to our balcony. The walls shuddering with the pipes dumping their load.

Freaked us out the first night, when I worried that any moment the apartment would start springing leaks all over. Fortunately it didn't happen, though after they finally turned the water off the first night (an hour after the leak), they didn't get it back on until last night. Hence the late shower attempt, that never happened.

I couldn't believe that it happened again, but sure enough, when I walked out onto the balcony, hundreds of gallons of water were again pouring out of a big hole. This is time I was so jaded I didn't even wake my wife.

Still, I can see the expression on my movie character's face, as the water slowly stops flowing in the shower...

6 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger taZ said...

Freaky feeling!
I understand this is something we will probably see in your next script? ;)

I have had a freaky experience too. When I took a walk with the dog, the snow on the trees was falling down which caused a noise that sounded like somebody is behind you and watching you. Brrr!!

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said...

.......and they walk over to the shower to see why the water has shut-off, and then the toilet flushes!

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said...

By the way, you've been "tagged." My apologies.

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Scott the Reader said...

You're the second person who has tagged me. Maybe I'll go for the hat trick before I break out my list.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

Patrick... and then his wife demands to know why there are skid marks on the toilet seat.

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Thomas Crymes said...

I keep telling myself I'm going to start writing down these wierd things that happen to people, then sprinkle them into scripts, but I haven't done it yet. I'd use Scott's experience as my first entry, but he's a screenwriter as well as a reader, and if someone passed him a script that had that tidbit in it, I think he'd be quite upset.
Also, should I write Blog comments as though I'm talking to the blog host or as if I'm talking to everyone else? I'm talking about Scott instead of talking to him. Weird. And why does the word "weird" look weird to me? Weird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home