ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

So There's A Movie Made From My Script -

Sort of. It's a feature length (95 min.) "test movie" that Amazon Studios made of my screenplay "Touching Blue", an animatic to serve as a way to have people experience the whole story in a visual sense, rather than having to read the script.

It's a development tool - it's not supposed to be the end-all, be-all of anything. In fact, I've already written a new draft - the one in the animatic is the one that won last June.

I have some quibbles about some of the voice work, and the music is often awful. But a lot of it is cool - and the closest I've come to actually having a script made. So that's nice.

Plus it's easy to just graze around, and skip ahead.

The movie is here

The trailer is here

The new draft is here

4 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger E.C. Henry said...

Super cool trailer, Scott. Didn't have time to read the script or do the whole movie thing. Will try to get to that after work tonight.

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

Good stuff. Watched the test movie and once I got over my surprise at some of the great "shots" and "camera angles", I was able to pay attention to your story. Well done.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger abo-bder said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger abo-bder said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home