ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Friday, March 20, 2009

Weekend Box Office #126

Some interesting movies this weekend:

KNOWING (3332 theaters). Has anyone made more bad movies in the past 10 years than Nic Cage? This one at least has an interesting hook, and apparently he doesn't overact. My estimate? $18.2 million for the weekend.

I LOVE YOU, MAN (2711 theaters). They've done a pretty good job of advertising this too. $15.8 million.

DUPLICITY (2574 theaters). Despite being the most grown-up of these three movies, it could sneak into the number one slot. $18.8 million.

******

Last weekend, RACE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN did a solid 24.4 million. LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT did a pretty good $14.1. MISS MARCH only did $2.4 million.

7 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Blogger E.C. Henry said...

"I Love You, Man" -- o, yeah there's a new movie opening too. Sounds good. Think I'll go see. "(Scott) I Love You, Man."

Keep rockin'. Your biggest fan two states north,

- E.C. Henry

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger wcmartell said...

Oh, he overacts! And the film just gets loopier as it goes along...

- Bill

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger LHOOQtius ov Borg said...

I can't think of anyone who has made more bad movies than Nic Cage.

And even though I don't particularly like most Julia Roberts films, Duplicity looks like it could be quite good.

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said...

Blech. Nicholas Cage is a good actor, but he gets in these awful movies, Knowing, Next, Bangkok Dangerous.

But then he'll do Adaptation and blow me away. I think he's got enough cash, he needs to be more selective.

Finally caught Watchmen, couldn't stop staring at the blue dong though.

 
At 1:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Just thought I'd let you know Foxfire is on Lifetime Tuesday at 9. Have no idea if it is good, but remembered you liked Jenny Lewis (at least I think it was you - if not, nevermind).

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Scott the Reader said...

Love Foxfire. Plus Hedy Burress is doing some acting with my writing group. Hollywood is cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home