ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Stuff

Sort of a lazy holiday weekend. I'm about to grab an hour of work on my script, which will make it 9 straight days; it's coming together, though aside from the first third, which is largely written, thanks to my needing to knock out pages for my script group, I'm still largely in the blueprint stage on the bulk of it. Though I know where it's going.

I saw Narnia 2 the other day, and it's generally solid, albeit not really much of a kids' movie -- it's essentially Braveheart with talking animals. A lot of combat, and a lot of death, though in non-gory fashion. But the movie cost a fortune, and it's there on the screen, and it works well enough.

I haven't seen Indy 4 yet, though I have friends who did and absolutely loathed it, and others who sort of liked it. Apparently the dividing line is whether or not simply seeing Indiana Jones in action again outweighs the fact that the plotline just isn't very good. I'll have to catch it sometime in the next week, just so I can have an informed opinion on it.

It made an estimated $151 million for its first 5 days though. So I was close.

The Sex and the City movie is rated R, partly for "graphic nudity", which I guarantee means penis. One more reason for the ladies to go, and for the guys to stay home and pretend they like hockey.

R.I. P. Sydney Pollock. I also lost my college friend Steve to cancer over the weekend, as well as my great-aunt Marge, who was 101.

Memorial Day indeed. Hug your loved ones.

5 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger E.C. Henry said...

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, Scott. Cancer sucks. Two of the patriarchs were I live have, and are in the fight of their lives right now.

Congrats on 9 days straight. Scott, you are my HERO! Do you own a cape?

Indy 4 ROCKS! Didn't really like the end, but its a fun ride--and that's what Indiana Jones is all aobut. To ANY who DARES rail against Indy 4, I DARE you to post a better plot given the constraints of having Harrison Ford playing Indiana Jones at the age he did, AND trying to resume the STORY after a 20 year absance. RESPECT those who are masters at the art in which we dabble.

- E.C. Henry from Bonney Lake, WA

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger annabel said...

I am sorry for your losses.

I saw Indy 4. It was great to see Indiana Jones back on the big screen, but I found it very disappointing. I just can't believe that story/film was the best they could do - especially after 20 years. I look forward to reading your review after you see it.

 
At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

INDY 4 was like your hat, E.C. And Frank Darabont met your challenge, but Lucas is a moron.

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger marcoguarda said...

- H*A*P*P*Y - B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y - S*C*O*T*T*! -

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger suzbays said...

Happy Birthday, Scott!

Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home