ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Friday, April 04, 2008

Weekend Box Office #78

April has arrived, which means the quality of movies are nominally getting a little better, though it's still the pre-summer doldrums.

NIM'S ISLAND (3513 theaters). This is a lot of theaters, but this really feels like a little girls' movie, and those have a history of really underperforming. $12.3 million.

THE RUINS (2812 theaters). The novel this is based on was a bestseller and it's supposed to be pretty good, but the problem is that the commercials for this make it look pretty generic, while also giving away a lot of the story. And what's Jena Malone doing in a movie like this? $9.2 million.

LEATHERHEADS (2777 theaters). This looks like fun, and I think people are looking for fun. I think it'll be number one for the weekend. $17.2 million.

3 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Emily Blake said...

I want to go see a movie this weekend but there's nothing I want to see.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger E.C. Henry said...

"Leatherheads" looks like fun. I (heart sign) John Krasinski! Willing to help Renee Zellwegger with her kissing too! Scripts aren't all I do. Depending on the hottie, I'm here to help. Never been a big George C. fan, he's just TOO popular for me to really dig I guess.

May go see "Leatherheads" and "Drillbit Taylor" as a double bill on Sunday if I make enough progress rewriting one of my scripts over the weekend.

Emily with a HOT new picture like that, be prepared for some added male attention -- but don't worry it won't come from me.

- E.C. Henry from Bonney Lake, WA

 
At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like JK, too, but Leatherheads looks "Sunday morning paper comics funny," which isn't very funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home