ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Good News

My wife's minor surgery went without a hitch, so after camping out at the hospital for 6 hours yesterday we're back home. Weight off my shoulders.

Meanwhile, work is starting to pick up. I had a great meeting with some execs from a big movie company the other day, who seem willing and happy to bury me in work.

So the deluge may be about to begin, finally. I will try to fit in some $60 notes along the way, however, particularly for those trying to get their scripts ready for the Nicholl.

As for writing, I was able to pound out a rough draft of my low-budget thriller. I'm hoping to find time in the next week to devote a chunk of time to taking it apart scene-by-scene and making sure it all works as well as I think it's getting.

I'm also trying to get up the courage to watch the DVD of the Anthony Hopkins (wrote-directed-starred in) film "Slipstream", which is on my stack of things to review. I've heard it's ponderous and incomprehensible. Has anyone seen it?

6 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger MoviePen said...

Cheers to you and the missus for all of the positive news! It's wonderful to go through a period of uncertainty and find that light isn't an oncoming train after all.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger marcoguarda said...

YAY!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger E.C. Henry said...

Glad to hear the success of your wife's surgury. When my brother was getting his appendix removed the surgeon nicked his bladder. This resulted in him having to tote one of pee bags for a week.

Glad to hear about your workload and writing successes. Haven't seen "Slipstream" so I can't help ya there.

- E.C. Henry from Bonney Lake, WA

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger wcmartell said...

I saw this version instead, with Mark Hammill.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098350/

- Bill

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Team Brindle said...

Hope you & your wife continue to hear good news.

:-)

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Scribe LA said...

Hey Scott,
Nice to hear the scripts are coming in and the wifey is recovering well!
-Scribe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home