ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Friday, March 28, 2008

Weekend Box Office #77

Some interesting movies opening this weekend:

SUPERHERO MOVIE (2960 theaters). Craig Mazin over at Artful Writer wrote and directed this, which means it's likely to be more consistent and funnier than "Epic Movie", "Date Movie" and that ilk. Should do pretty well. $19.3 million.

21 (2648 theaters). I read the book, which was good; the movie is supposed to be okay. $14.6 million.

STOP-LOSS (1291 theaters). It's getting good reviews (it's directed by Kimberly Pierce, who did BOYS DON'T CRY), and they are advertising the hell out of it. Still, the subject matter is tough. $6.5 million.

RUN FAT BOY RUN (1133 theaters). It's getting okay reviews, despite being a British comedy directed by David Schwimmer (?!?). But I'm not sure there are enough big Simon Pegg fans out there. $3.9 million.

5 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger E.C. Henry said...

No going out to the movies for me this weekend. Too busy watching March Madness, and gettin' after that new rom-com I'm working on.

Almoast April and we're gettin' snow in the foothills here in the state of Washington, can you belive that?! Me thinks the groundhog really f'd-up this year. Can one of gents or gentettes go down in his hole, and throttle his neck for ol' E.C.?

- E.C. Henry from Bonney Lake, WA

 
At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better than Epic Movie and Date Movie? That's not saying much...

 
At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Simon Pegg, so RFBR will be the movie I see first this weekend, though I like Craig Mazin and I like spoofs, so likely to see the Superhero one too. But not for a few weeks.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Emily Blake said...

I was going to go see Run Fat Boy Run because I love Simon Pegg, but the reviews so far are pretty bad.

No if I have time I think I'll see Stop Loss instead. I've heard really great things about it.

It won't do well in theaters though, I think. Especially in middle America. The title implies it's an anti-war point of view. But I'm going to try to help its take at the box office as best I can because as much as I respect Craig Mazin I really don't want that one to be the winner.

Even though it will be.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said...

My biggest problem with Run/Fat is that he's not fat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home