ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Recovering... slowly.

After a long weekend of swollen-foot blues, I saw another doctor today, who said that I was healing, that there don't seem to be any tears, but that I sprained a ligament badly and it's still going to be another few weeks before I'm walking around.

And that the pain I was feeling on the side of my lower leg was the brace rubbing, and not the actual injury.

Which is all good news, and he gave me a better brace. He also rolled his eyes at the urgent care doctor I saw last week, particularly the fact that the guy had given me the completely-conflicting advice of not putting any weight on the ankle and yet trying to get me walk with a cane (I couldn't, naturally, and went to crutches instead).

The biggest pain is that we still have to move in the next few weeks, which is going a bit slowly, since I am unable to do simple things like carry boxes out to my car and carry them in to the new place. So I've been enlisting people, including my aging mother-in-law, who helped bring over a couple of laundry baskets full of DVDs today on the way to bringing me to my doctor's appointment.

(In terms of mothers-in-law, I'm a very lucky man).

So my immediate focus is limited to packing, healing, moving and Christmas. I did a smidgen of writing the other day, but the whole hour-a-day bit is on hold again. I have a few scripts to read for people, but industry work has shut down, more due to the season than the strike at this point.

Anyhow, anyone who wants to help me move boxes this week, send up a flare. Lunch is on me.

********

I AM LEGEND made a huge $77 million for the weekend. ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS made a scarily-good $44 million (imagine if had been a good movie?).

THE PERFECT HOLIDAY made only $2.2 million, in 1307 theaters. Compare that to JUNO, which made $1.4 million in only 40 theaters.

5 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger E.C. Henry said...

I'd enlist, Scott, but the drive to get to ya is like 2,500 miles.

- E.C. Henry from Bonney Lake, WA

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said...

Yeah, I'm busy.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Christina said...

Here's an idea... my friend is a screenwriting teacher at the academy of art - I do computer work for her and trade her reads. Maybe if you traded a screenplay read or two for moving services, you would get a couple people to help.

I'd certainly help you if I were in LA, but I'm not there. I actually love to move - love packing, etc.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Scribe LA said...

Hey Scott,
Sorry to hear about your foot! Best wishes for a speedy recovery. And good luck with the moving :)
-Scribe

 
At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

did they give you the Stormtrooper boot? I tore 3 tendons in my right foot stepping into a hole and wrenching it... they gave me a nice black one with straps... charged insurance company $250 for it, and now it's mine forever in the closet as a reminder to not step in holes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home