ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ouch (Pt. II)

(Which sounds like a classic Little Richard song. Go ahead, sing a few bars.)

So I went to see the doctor today, just to make sure that there were no broken bones. X-rays reveal that there don't seem to be, which is good, though the doctor was concerned because I had sore spots on both sides of my ankle.

It's likely I sprained/strained (not sure what the difference is) ligaments on both sides, though worse on one side than the other. Hopefully I didn't tear anything, though if things don't improve in 10 days, they may do an MRI.

I tried to rock the cane, but I still can't put any weight on the ankle, so the cane wasn't rocking. So I got a pair of crutches. My wife is currently out buying Aleve, IcyHot and fluffy sponges to tie around the top of the crutches, because they are already killing my armpits.

It's going to be a long week. But it is feeling better than it did yesterday, and I have always been a pretty quick healer.

And fortunately there's no reason that I can't spend the next week cocooned in the apartment, reading scripts, watching TV and healing for the move.

But wow, do I hate this staircase, more and more each day.

Thanks to everyone who sent advice.

5 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger Allen said...

hopefully I can get my script to you while you're still immobile!

Heal quickly.

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said...

You'll probably have to lose the foot.

I had a dumb accident about 2 months ago, while taking out the garbage, I stubbed (and broke) my pinky toe on a curb. Still hurts like a mofo.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Julie O'Hora said...

Poor Scotty... Poor pits.

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good that you went to the doc. Hopefully, it'll all turn out fine, though it does sound like you have some wince-worthy days ahead.

IceyHot helped a whole lot back when I did my ankle. And good call on the cushion on the crutches. They can be rough to use, and some people use them really improperly, to the point that my father has seen some crush arteries in their pits from the weight.

Speedy recovery, sir.

 
At 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buy some Glucosamine- Chondroitin (repair material) and some ibuprofin (anti-inflamatory to counter the swelling) and a bucket of warm-hot water to soak the ankle in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home