ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Friday, November 16, 2007

Weekend Box Office #58

A few wide openings in this pre-holiday weekend, all of which got fairly negative reviews in today's LA Times:

MR. MAGORIUM'S WONDER EMPORIUM (3164 theaters). As much as I like Natalie Portman, this looks like it is skewing very, very young (and it's G-rated, to boot). I'm not sure the audience out there is as huge as they hope it will be. $9.7 million.

BEOWULF (3153 theaters). Well, 300 made a fortune, and this has 3D in a thousand or so theaters, while apparently Angelina Jolie (or an animated Angelina Jolie) is naked. So boys will see it. $27.8 million.

LOVE IN THE TIME OF CHOLERA (852 theaters). Would make for a weird Javier Bardem double feature with NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN. $5.1 million.

2 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger E.C. Henry said...

r"No Country for Old Men" got a GREAT review in the Seattle Times. I'm starting to get a "man crush" on Josh Brolin. First with "Planet Terror," then on
"American Gangster" now in "No Country for Old Men." The guy's on a HUGE ROLL, and I think he fits a sterotype nitch that should net him continued roles for years.

Long live Brolin!

Did go see "American Gangster" last weekend. Was suprised how boring it was. The show need more shoot-outs.

Might sneak out to see "No Country for Old Men," but my big focus is wrapping up a rewrite on a script I'm working on. Goal: send it to my pro in the industry the Monday after the Thanksgiving holiday.

- E.C. Henry from Bonney Lake, WA

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said...

It's Sat but I didn't check the numbers yet. I'll post my guesses then check and see how I did...

Mr. Mag - It's looks TERRIBLE. Like, super dumb. Got an F in Ent. Weekly. I'm guessing 5-6 million.

Beowulfie - Eh. I really don'tt hink it looks good. I looks like something I'd play, not watch. I got into Monster House though. I'll throw it 20.

Love In Cholera - Bo-ring. 3 million tops. Epic love! Who cares.

Okay, I'm going to go check now...............

Hmm, they're saying Beowulfgar should do 26-28. Not shabby.

Magorium is looking like 9-11. I thought it'd tank bigtime. Maybe they had special screenings for idiots.

Cholera Lovefest is looking like 2 million. See? nobody cared.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home