ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Friday, January 08, 2010

So It's A New Year

It's time to rededicate myself to my writing, something I do this time every year. This time I mean it. Hopefully.

It always seems like it is going to easy to bang out 3-4 projects during the course of the year. In practice, not even close.

Currently I'm trying to back my Nicholl semi script into a TV pilot, via my screenwriting group, which is an interesting process, and coming along pretty well.

I've also started early brainstorming on a low-budget horror script I'd write with a friend of mine, for him to direct. Previous attempts to write with someone didn't work out so well, though neither was really the optimal spend-time-in-a-room-together writing process that likely works the best. So we'll see.

Meanwhile I have a few scripts that are in good enough shape to be circulating around in minor fashion, though no nibbles yet. Still no agent or manager; it's tough out there.

I also have a double-handful of scripts in various stages of completion. My script group is bad with that: if I have pages due, often I'll just bang them out without actually have had the time to plot things out. So there's some amusing takes on things, looking for a lot more direction.

There's also this blog, which has been on life support for way too long. I'll try to post here a little more.

I'm also in the process of cleaning up the links -- I'm sure there are websites on there that stopped being active years ago -- and adding new ones. I know I promised to do that months ago and didn't, but now I am, so if you want to be linked give me a shout-out.

And may this be a good writing year for all of us --

Scott

***Update -- I just visited every link, to see which blogs were still active, and it was a humbling experience to realize I probably hadn't visited most of them in well over a year. Apologies to those who are still going strong (I'll try to check you out more often), and R.I.P. to the blogs who died along the way.

The sidebar is now up-to-date.

5 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger E.C. Henry said...

Scott, I'm actually trying something new: stopwatch writing. This is a take-off of your old mantra, "write an hour a day. Everytime I write now I click my stopwatch. Then at the end of the writing session I record that time on the calendar.

Why am I doing this? Trying something new. Trying to build up my writing muscles, challenge myself to write longer and more consistantly.

All your projects sound like winners. You have great taste, boss. Can't wait to read about you on DoneDeal Pro when you make a sale. :-)

- E.C. Henry from Bonney Lake, WA

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger The Single Screenwriter said...

Scott,

Thanks so much for the link! Go nuts with the unicycle idea ;)

Christie

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Joshua James said...

I'd love to be added to your blog roll ... http://writerjoshuajames.com/dailydojo/

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I just found your blog by clicking the "Next Blog" button, you knowww procrastination and all, and I think it's pretty cool that you're an aspiring screen writer..

Any who, it's gotta be tough out there. Especially because there's no money unless you're already rich and famous, I suppose there's no room for up and comers anymore.

Good luck :)

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger CDP. said...

Ooh, can I have a link, too? It'll be like our blogs are holding hands! Awwww.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home