ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Friday, June 29, 2007

Rest, Relaxation and Retrenching

So I'm taking a 5-day trip down to Guadalajara with the wife, who has family down there, most of whom she has never met. It'll be my first trip to the real Mexico (going down to Ensenada for a wedding really doesn't count), and it should be fun.

If I wind up in a Mexican prison, I expect everyone to put together a posse and come down to get me.

Otherwise, I'm trying to figure out where to focus the writing thing. For the first time in my life, I have a bevy of spec projects calling out to be written, and what I need to do is buckle down and just start pounding out drafts and getting stuff finished, whether it is my TV spec or my low-budget thriller or the high-concept comedy idea I have, all of which are languishing in drafts that were plotted out, begun, and then put to the side for something else, something I've never really been guilty of before.

So I'm sneaking along some writing with me. Don't tell the wife.

I'll be back on the 4th.

5 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger E.C. Henry said...

I'm SOO JEALOUS, Scott. Going to Mexico with the wife sounds romantic and fun. Hope you have a great time.

If you need a posse rescue -- let me brush-up with a second viewing of "The Getaway" then I'm there for ya bro!

VERY PLEASED to hear you've got a lot of writing projects you are working on. All the reading you do SHOULD spark your creativity, and I'm glad to see it has. I know if I don't write for a while I get kinda growchy.

I've found in the past when I set out to write on a bunch of projects, one will rise the surface and kinda demand to be written. In Mexico, Scott, I think you should look for that ONE PROJECT that is most vivid and alive in your mind and focus your energies on that.

- E.C. Henry from Bonney Lake, WA

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Dante Kleinberg said...

Have fun in Mexico! I've lived in Southern California all my life and have never been to Mexico...

I know what you mean about the scripts. I have like 5 or 6 I want to work on. I finally decided which to do first based on which would require the least research. (yes I'm that lazy)

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a fun, and safe, trip.

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger Lucy V said...

Call by your blog 'cos it seems 18 years since I last spoke to you and you're gone!

Have fun in Mexico. Watch out for Antonio Banderas and his musician mates and their big guns (oooh matron) and make sure you don't get your eyes gouged out. 'Cos, you know, it can happen when you least expect it.

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't drink the water. Cliche, I know, but I have a friend down there right now staying with host family -- and he did. And it did. And it doo doo.

Keep it bottled, yo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home