ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Swamped Again

Not much to report, other than the fact that I've been caught in a perfect storm of work. Suddenly most of my clients are dumping stuff on me, while I also had to pages ready for group last night. I rewrote the first half of my TV spec (though I've yet to write a word of the second); still, it's rounding into shape very well.

I caught Pirates 3 over the weekend, and I generally liked it. Critics who were confused by the plot just aren't paying enough attention. It's not a perfect movie, but it's definitely a thumbs up, and a visual feast.

Tonight I'm playing hooky, and going to see the Mets play the Dodgers. The Mets have been freefalling -- they've lost 7 of 8 -- but they are still in first, and hopefully they'll turn it around.

But if they are down by 10 at any point tonight, I'll be the guy streaking naked across the field. Because someone has to. Cover the kids' eyes.

5 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked POTC and I even liked DMC (against my will). I have the same expectations for the third and hopefully last installment.

Don't get me wrong: these are very silly movies, but silly fun, not silly dumb.

Yes, as the critics point out, Johnny Depp appears to be in another movie. But it's not as if he made it that way by himself. Half the time he's talking to the screen or winking at us. And he's not alone. Pintel and Ragetti also churn out popular zeitgeist.

Together, these three characters also break the fourth wall by using obviously modern expressions like, "Actually I'm okay with it."

The effect is that these movies become less of an adventure and more of a theme park ride with jokes.

Okay, you got me. It was good enough that I wanna ride it one more time.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said...

Sorry but....go Phils!

Mets - Better watch your backs!

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger E.C. Henry said...

Your a better man than me, Scott. I watched POTC and I didn't know what the _u_k was going on half the time -- but my mom and I sure did cheer each time that cute monkey made an appearance.

Glad things are going well work wise, and that your TV spec is shaping up.

- E.C. Henry from Bonney Lake, WA

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Tom said...

Scott goes to the game and Maine gives up three homers on three pitches.

Coincidence? You decide.

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Dante Kleinberg said...

I've enjoyed the whole Pirates trilogy, but I'd hate to be someone who just saw the third one because they'd heard it was a good series... not a single plotline would have made sense to them.

Maybe that's why some have called it confusing while I had no trouble following it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home