ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Swamped

I haven't had much to post about in the past few days, or much real time to post either.

I'm caught in a perfect storm of work. On one side is my TV pilot, which I just finished a solid "done for now" draft of, but which has been eating time out of every day for the past few weeks.

My regular clients have all been giving me a steady diet of stuff. I just got a gig from one company that acquired the rights to a long-gestating superhero project; now I get to read five drafts by five different writers, and tell them what's in them.

(Someday I'll be the guy who gets to be one of the five writers on a project like this. Now I just analyze).

And then I'm getting a lot of notes requests by writers who are trying to get their scripts in shape for the Nicholl, which deadlines in just 13 days.

I'm not complaining, just busy. Actually, I do have something to complain about -- the power went out this morning, for the second time here in less than a week. And we lost cable yesterday for a few hours.

Depending on technolgy sucks.

Oh well, back to work.

6 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Blogger E.C. Henry said...

Put a cape on the man...

(keep up the good work, Scott)

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger IQCrash said...

I was going to be one of those guys coming to you with a draft for Nicholl's. Now, it seems, I might not make the deadline at all.

Oh well, at least you'll have a year to get help be get it into shape for next time.

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger IQCrash said...

Apparently I became retarded during the last sentence of my previous reply.

I apologize for that.

 
At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just out of Curiosity, is it bad form to slot your own spec in when you're on such a project like the superhero one, assuming of course you have an applicable script?

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha. i just realized we must live within a few blocks of each other. because my power went out twice in a week and once for a LONG time. los feliz??

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger Scott the Reader said...

No, Woodland Hills.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home