ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A New Year

So I'm back in L.A., after spending ten days with my folks back on Long Island, New York, where I grew up.

It reminded me why I don't like the cold -- and it was a warm Christmas back east. Not helping was the fact that my parents' house is always cold (I guess they don't feel it) while because of their septic tank we were limited to 60-second showers.

We visited my sister in Connecticut, and the wife and I spent another day driving down to Philly just for the hell of it, where an old friend showed us around. We did the two big tourist things there -- we ran up the Rocky steps, and had an original Philly cheesesteak.

(Yeah, yeah, I know. We also drove past the Liberty Bell, and waved at it. But the line was too long, and there was no place to park).

I didn't see a single movie over the break, or read anything, or even watch much TV. I'm not sure what I did. I do feel recharged, though.

It terms of resolutions, it's all about the writing thing. Hopefully the screenwriting group I joined will keep me writing regularly. Otherwise, I need to just get what I have out there, and try to take advantage of my living in L.A. to make something happen on the screenwriting side.

Happy New Year. Let's all have a good one.

4 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger Dave Olden said...

Happy New Year, Scott, and welcome back.

Had I have known you'd be running up the "Rocky Steps" I'd have asked you to do a climb for me, too.

Now, you'll have to go all the way back... (hurry, I don't have all day... ;) )

Nevermind, I'll find some steps here and hum Conti's theme to myself.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Team Brindle said...

Good luck in 2007!

Thanks for the great blog!

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said...

Happy New Year, dude.

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Word Imp said...

Hopefully you'll get what you want from your writing this year. I'm hoping the same for me. I have a script in me, but my passion is mainly for children's picture book writing at the moment. So I'm going for it in 2007 after having one accepted by Walker Books a fews months ago. All the best for your career.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home