ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Odds and Ends

According to Blogger, this is my 100th post (if you count the three lonely posts over on $60 Script Notes). Considering I didn't even know what a blog was 6 months ago, that's not bad.

TV series usually run a clip show for their 100th episode, or have something exciting happen, like Superman propose to Kristen Kreuk, as if that is a stretch.

Not that I've ever watched Smallville. Or The Bernie Mac Show.

Or Charmed, which apparently is the longest-running show with female leads (a factoid which makes me throw up in my mouth just a little bit).

I read the other day that this new Steve Martin Pink Panther movie cost $80 million. Assuming (generously, given the reviews that I have read) that there are 20 laughs in the movie, isn't that $4 million per successful gag?

Isn't it time to have a contest, in which people submit gags for the next movie? Winning gags get $50,000 each. 100 good gags for only $5 million. A bargain for the producers.

Otherwise, the plant has slowed it's growth, but it's still growing at least an inch a day. Up to 23 inches now. Leftovers are disappearing.

No sign of David Carradine in my supermarket recently. I promise, if I see him again, to check out what he is buying. Since that seems to be people's first question.

I'm running off up north with my wife this week, to celebrate our 6th anniversary. We were married on Valentine's Day, a year after having our first date on Valentine's Day.

(I know, you just threw up in your mouth a little bit. But it gives me a lot less dates to remember. So who's the genius now?)

I'll be back Wednesday. While I'm gone, use the 2 minutes you'd spend checking this blog to write.

Unless you live in L.A. In which case, scroll down to the post about making the 48-hour short film, and think about joining in. I'm considering it.

8 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, Blogger Steve Peterson said...

My wife and I got married on Feb 16 for much the same reason. There's a few too many gift-giving holidays in the States, anyway -- we could do for a little purge.

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I LIKE Charmed!

~ Joey

 
At 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The downside being that if you ever forgot your anniversary then your life won't be worth living!

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Webs said...

"But it gives me a lot less dates to remember."

Aaaaarrrgh!

It should be "But it gives me many fewer dates to remember."

If you can count it, use "fewer" rather than "less."

There are fewer ice cubes in this glass than that one.

There is less water in this glass than that one.

There are fewer grains of sand in these boxers than those.

There is less sand in these boxers than those.

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger Thomas Crymes said...

Thanks Mom.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

Happy 100th episode.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

Just check my own blog. I'm one month and ten posts behind ya.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

I love the whole idea of merging and purging the gift-giving occasions. Where do we sign up?

All significant anniversary dates for my husband and I are in September and are dates with sixes in them: he proposed on the 6th, our first date was on the 16th and we were married on the 26th (different years, of course). I asked my husband if the 6-6-6 thing for such significant dates was an omen. He ran screaming from the room!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home