ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Currently On My CD Player....

"Rabbit Fur Coat" by Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins. You can hear the first single here. A little folky, a little gospel, a little soul.

Jenny Lewis was an actress as a child and a teen (in movies like FOXFIRE and TROOP BEVERLY HILLS); she has since largely jettisoned the acting thing in favor of singing.

Her usual gig is as the lead sister of Rilo Kiley, a band whose last album "More Adventurous", should have been a much bigger hit than it was.

I've got tickets to see her at the Orpheum in April, which given how rarely I go to concerts any more is pretty notable. Looking forward to it.

2 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out flyawaybiirdie.com. You can listen to their music on the website and the first song, "Open Letter to Jenny," is about Jenny Lewis. I'm not in the band. I don't know the band. Just good music with a Jenny Lewis connection.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Scott the Reader said...

I refuse to buy into the corporate plot that updates technology every decade, just so you have to replace all your albums/tapes/CDs with something new.

Not only does my CD player work fine, but I still have a record player. And I picked up four albums for 99 cents each the other day. Kick-ass.

There's a tape deck in my car, too.

I figure that as long as I don't have an 8-track tape player, I'm cool enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home