ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Friday, March 16, 2007

Weekend Boxoffice #23

Expect 300 to dominate this weekend again, though there are three new movies opening wide:

PREMONITION (2831 screens). It'll be interesting to see how this does, since it's the kind of tale I tend to write; unfortunately the reviews haven't been good. Still, Sandra Bullock's career might have some life in it. $16.7 million in its first three days.

DEAD SILENCE (1803 screens). From the guys who did SAW, which is about its only selling point. $7.3 million.

I THINK I LOVE MY WIFE (1776 screens). Somewhat mixed reviews, but Rock has a lot of fans. $9.7 million.

2 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said...

Jumping in late this week, here's how the totals are looking:


300 - 35 million
Premonition - 17-19 million
Dead Silence - 8 million
Love My Wife - 5 million (ouch)

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Scott the Reader said...

Official numbers:

Premonition $17.8
Dead Silence $7.8
I Think I Love My Wife $5.7

Apparently this didn't look like enough of a funny Chris Rock movie to pull a lot of people in.

Otherwise, 300 and Wild Hogs were 1-2 again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home