ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Friday, February 24, 2006

How To Spin a Blurb

The opening paragraph of Roger Ebert's review of the Paul Walker film "Running Scared", which opens today, reads thusly --

"Speaking of movies that go over the top, "Running Scared" goes so far over the top, it circumnavigates the top and doubles back on itself; it's the Mobius Strip of over-the-topness. I am in awe. It throws in everything but the kitchen sink. Then it throws in the kitchen sink, too, and the combo washer-dryer in the laundry room, while the hero and his wife are having sex on top of it."

What does the blurb on the ad say?

"I Am In Awe" -- Roger Ebert

5 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwww....

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger William said...

That's hilarious...

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Heh-heh, that's how to fill the seats!

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Robert Hogan said...

I am in awe.

Rob

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Thomas Crymes said...

My favorite ad blurb (fake).

"I laughed till I stopped."

I think it was for one of the Hot Shot movies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home