ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Friday, November 07, 2008

Weekend Box Office #109

So I've been guilty of blog avoidance this past week. Apologies.

But I have been writing a lot, so there's that.

I still haven't been inside a movie theater in about 4 months. Maybe this weekend. Since, you know, it is the business I'm in.

Opening this weekend:

MADAGASCAR 2 (4056 theaters). I didn;t see the first one, but I guess the kids will come out for it, and it is a ton of theaters. $29.8 million for the weekend.

ROLE MODELS (2791 theaters). This is actually supposed to be funny, though it's also rated R, which is odd (and likely problematic box office wise) for a comedy with kids in it. $10.8 million.

SOUL MEN (2044 theaters). I actually gave notes on this, though I have no idea if or how they were implemented. $13.7 million.

********

Last weekend, ZACK AND MIRI only made $10 million; not bad, but not as well as I thought it might. It trailed HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3, but during the week it was finishing as top film each day.

CHANGELING did $9.4 million, and THE HAUNTING OF MOLLY HARTLEY did $5.4 million. ROCKNROLLA did $1.9 million.

6 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

I think Role Models will surprise. Say $16k.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Emily Blake said...

Next weekend JCVD will be available in a few theaters in LA. I just wanted to make sure you had time to prepare.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Scott the Reader said...

I hear it rawks.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger E.C. Henry said...

Glad to hear you're making some progress on the writing front.

Isn't "Frost/Nixon" opening this weekend? The preview I saw of it was AWESOMEE. For what this show is, the preview I saw TOTALLY hooked me.

"Role Models" looks like it's going to be funny.

- E.C. Henry from Bonney Lake, WA

 
At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is JCVD?

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Scott the Reader said...

New Jean Claude Van Damme movie, where he plays a version of himself the actor.

Somehow, someway, apparently it works.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home