ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Still Around, Just Busy

I'm swamped, swamped with work, which explains my lack of posting more than my recent diagnosis does. Though I'm still adjusting to that, too.

I'm on a low-fat, low-carb diet. The wife and I met with a nutritionist yesterday (though we've been eating healthy for 6 days now); we're on the diet together, and we've been very, very good so far. Though of course, it's not really a diet -- it's the eating-healthy plan we're probably both on for the rest of our lives.

I've never been an eat-healthy guy, but once I started reading (and understanding) labels, wow, I realize how truly badly I'd often eaten in the past.

No more donut-breakfasts.

Thanks to pills and diet, this morning my sugar level finally dipped down into the double-digits. 98. Much better than the 326 it was at last Wednesday when I was diagnosed.

To anyone with doubts about your own health, get a check-up. Really.

Otherwise, I need to get something in shape for the Nicholl, even if it is just polishing up my frozen-time thing, or the psychic girl thing. But I have no time. But I have to make time.

Shit.

Tick, tick, tick, tick....

6 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger writergurl said...

Take GOOD care of yourself, that's the first priority. Everything else, can wait.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Chesher Cat said...

tick, tick, tick...me too. Thirty pages to go. So what the hell am I doing on your blog?

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Matt Waggoner said...

My wife, a few years ago, introduced me to the idea of reading nutritional labels on food. Reading all of it, including ingredients. Ever since, I've slowly been moving toward trying to avoid eating things with large numbers of ingredients, especially artificial chemicals, preservatives, and just plain unhealthy crap like high fructose corn syrup.

As a result I'm a lot healthier (and going to the gym doesn't hurt either). Turns out that most humans don't really react well to ingesting things we didn't evolve to eat. :)

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Script Demon said...

And I thought I was a busy SOB. Sorry to hear about the medical thing. I just went through something myself but it's a paper cut compared to what you have to deal with. Hang in there.

When you have a sec, come by my blog and read the last two posts. There's one I'm sure you and all the other readers out there can relate to called "Dear Writer".

Best!

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

326?! Jesus, man, I'm amazed you haven't keeled over yet. This new long-term diet you're now on is the very best thing for you. Every day you eat well adds another day to your life that you might not've had before the diagnosis. I wish you health and long life, Scott.

 
At 5:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no more donut breakfasts?... aieeeeee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home