ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Ramblings From My Stuffy Mind

I'm battling a pain-in-the-ass head cold, which is making my head feel even bigger than its usual oversizedness.

That's one reason I haven't posted in a few days, because I'm afraid that my Theraflu-addicted addled brain will reveal my love of "Little House on the Prairie", and my fantasy of a threesome with Nellie Olsen and her mom.

Because boys love the bad girls.
___________

In the things-I-read-then-had-to-read-again department, Barbara Walters received the Sherry Lansing Award the other day, and talked about the working women she remembers the most -- the streetwalkers on 57th Street in Manhattan in the early 1970s, who Walters used to see while getting into her limo early in the morning to go to her gig on the Today Show. Remembered Walters, "I would look at them and they would look at me... and I gave them hope".

Later in her speech, Walters said "I think tomorrow I'm going to go back to 57th Street, and tell those ladies what happened."

Wait... You inspired them so much, that you think they are going to still be working there as streetwalkers, 30 years later!!??!! Not only does that not say much for her inspirational powers, but the visual isn't so great either.

___________

Congrats to the finalists of the non-profit Writer's Arc Fellowship, a group of 25 (to be whittled down to 5-10 winners) which include several people whose blogs I've long linked to, including Shawna and Writergurl.

If you win this thing, I expect regular reports about whether or not it's worth entering for the next contest; they give out a bunch of $7500 fellowships every 6 months.

5 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Little House reruns are also my secret shame. (Hallmark Channel from 10 to noon and again on TV Land at 8p). Highway to Heaven as well (TV Land at 1p).

I hope to be able to provide copious insider reports from the Writer's Arc lab.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Grubber said...

Hope you feel better soon Scott.

Always preferred the older sister myself....Mary I think it was, she ended up blind, so I thought I stood a chance. :)

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger aggiebrett said...

Little House?

Meh.

I was big into POLICE WOMAN back in the early/mid 70s — for the longest time I wanted Angie Dickinson dropped on top of me. I'd likely still not complain overly if the dream were only now to come true.

I may be pathetic, but I'm not too proud to admit it.

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger Shawna said...

I'll definitely be talking at length about Writer's Arc if I get selected.

Thanks Scott!

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'pain in the ass head-cold'...I had an earache hemmorhoid once

 

Post a Comment

<< Home