ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Monday, November 07, 2005

Feeling a Bit Overwhelmed; Come Back Soon

Unlike certain blogs, I get antsy if I haven't posted in a few days; not only that, I hate going to people's blogs only to see the same old posting at the top.

Still, I feel a bit too overwhelmed with life right now to really post. I don't really want to talk about it here, but suffice it to say that family problems are eating up time, and the workload is piling up and screaming for attention as well. Too much to do, too few hours in the day. I've broken out the shovel, and I'm trying to move things around as best as I can.

So as much as I'd like to ramble on about something, anything... this is about it.

Don't worry. There is blue sky there in the distance; I can see it. It's there. And soon I'll be posting again, very regularly.

But if this post sits on the top for a while, don't give up on this site.

11 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take as much time as it requires. I'll be waiting (not that you'll be rushing back on my account)... I love all the blogs I read, love maintaining one, but my general mantras always been Life first, blog second... Hope the blue skies come quick for ya.

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Grubber said...

What griffin said, plus drink more beer.

 
At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look on the bright side:

If you use this blog to post the really banal garbage that you read, and you have a lot of work, and you aren't posting, that should suggest that your work reading is not as painful as it could be.

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said...

Take your time, I agree. You're a busy guy, buried in screenplays and family. I've been buried by family before, so I feel your pain. Jumping on the bandwagon that already left the bandwagonning station, I started a blog as well (Could You Describe The Ruckus?) with the intention of posting daily or a few times a week, but work, writing, the kiddies, and my addiction to toothless crackwhores makes it tough, so I understand where you're at. Post as you can, I'll keep checking your site, and look forward to your future postings.

 
At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog. I look forward to your return. Best of luck in all of your adventures!

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Mark said...

I understand completely. I lost my sister recently and haven't really give a damn about anything.

I do appreciate your post and will continue to look forward to them.

Good luck.

Mark
Mark's Screenwriting Blog

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Write first, family second (sex, water, food, all that other stuff you can jam in somewhere) hey, I know what you mean, I hope people don't give up on me either

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger PJ McIlvaine said...

Be well. We're here for you. :)

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Dave Olden said...

All the best, Scott. I second the "we're here for you"

But alas, in Blog vs. Life, Life should prevail. (Even though I miss your postings)

Smooth sailing, Scott.

Cheers.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Julie Goes to Hollywood said...

When in doubt, post a nudie pic. Or a puppy or kitten. This kind of thing brightens everyone's spirit. Hang in there!
JGTH, "THINGS THEY WON'T TELL YOU IN FILM SCHOOL"

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

I think Neil Young didn't always have it right. Sometimes it's better not to burn out. Then you won't burn out or fade away.

Get better Scott or else I'll quote Frankie Goes To Hollywood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home