ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Thursday, September 22, 2005

As If I Didn't Have Enough Distractions...

Over at THE SCREENWRITING LIFE, I'm part of a project of a whole bunch of writers to knock out a script together, each writing a few pages at a time, with no idea of where it is going.

It's a bit like stone soup; we're all tossing in a bit, and hopefully at the end it'll be tasty. So far, so good. Reminds me of when I was a kid, and me and my friend Glen did the same thing one afternoon on an old typewriter, writing a book taking turns; I think we knocked out about 25 pages. I think the Phillie Phanatic was a major character (which was weird, because I wound up rooming with the guy who makes the Phillie Phanatic outfit in Manhattan years later).

Anyhow, my pages just went up. Click on the The Screenwriting Life link on the right. And if you're inspired, Warren might put you on the list to add a chunk yourself. This thing looks like it still has a long way to go...

6 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger Grubber said...

Liked what you wrote Scott!

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Scott the Reader said...

Your turn. Don't screw it up.

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Grubber said...

I'm good at recipe guides, should be no problem.

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Mark said...

Been reading the group project since Warren started it. Nice to see someone got back to the ring.

V in a restaurant?

Mark

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Grubber said...

My reply above, was of course, my attempt to cover up my paranoid state of mind at present! I hope I didn't stuff it too much. Tried to have fun with it. :-)

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Rene said...

I always hear about projects like this, the sort of open source screenwriting. While it seems like a fun idea, I can't help but think how much potential there is if the same model was applied to outlining first.. IE- contributing to characters and plot before banging out the pages, rather than just writing without the roadmap.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home