ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Update On My Health...

I had a check-up today, and things look good.

My blood sugar is maintaining good levels (thanks to medication, and my continuing to not eat crap), while everything else checks out well too.

My weight is down to 190, so I've lost 10 pounds since my diagnosis about 3 months ago, just through a good diet (not starving myself, just eating right) and some moderate exercise.

There's nothing that keeps you disciplined like having a good scare, then having to keep checking one's blood twice a day, so that every time I do eat something too rich and see the bump, it's an immediate guilt trip.

I also had my prostate checked. Thank God for a doctor with skinny fingers.

8 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely mental picutre. thanks.

- Allen

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Chesher Cat said...

Nice to hear you are taking care of yourself. I knew a guy who didn't and he ended up having several toes cut off.
(just letting you know, in case you need an extra scare)
Now, if I could just find that doctor who will say, "if you don't finish that script by next month you will fall down and die."

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said...

I had the finger exam last year, although I swear it was his whole fist, which I'm not really into. Not fun. I had the added pleasure of a camera, too!

Yyeeaooowwwccchhh!!!!

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Belzecue said...

"Thank God for a doctor with skinny fingers."

Ah, yes. The age-old debate: length or girth...

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Robert Hogan said...

Good to hear you're staying healthy. Keep up the good work.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Cunningham said...

Aren't you glad the doctor played piano as a kid and still remembers the finger positions for "Flight of the bumble bee?"

Glad to hear you're doing okay, brother.

 
At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the Finger... did you hit 40? I got mine done for my 40th... happy birthday to me

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Dr. Jelly fingers... that line was hilarious when I was 25... now I'm 40, it's funny in a very different way.

Glad to hear you're doing well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home