ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

An Interesting Little Contest...

Twixter pointed out an interesting little writing contest to me, that seems pretty easy: minimal writing, with possible production as a short film if you win, along with credit and $50. And unlike most contests, it doesn't cost anything to enter.

It's called the My Take film contest, and the idea is that you have to write a 1-2 page script with only these lines of dialogue, in this order:

"Hi"
"Hey"
"You nervous"
"A little"
"Why"
"It's my first time"
"Really, you've never -"
"No"
"OK"

Obviously, the trick is fleshing it out with lots of unique scene description. Sounds like the perfect gig for some of the oddball writing souls that drop by here.

Full rules and details here.

4 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Blogger Dave said...

that's very similar to what was done with Project Greenlight for the directors entries.

They'd get something like that and have to flesh out the scene and shoot it.

Some pretty creative folks.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger wcmartell said...

This is kind of the opposite of a thing I do in my 2 day screenwriting class. I have students "act" the dialogue from a scene where I have removed the actions... then we discuss the scene. After everyone in class has come up with their theory on the characters and their relationship and what they want... I show them the clip from the film. *Completely* different than what the students thought based only on the dialogue.

- Bill

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger ScriptWeaver said...

Got my entry in. It's actually good practice.

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks, I entered as well... I found it strange couldn't use an attachment with proper screenplay form. Cut/Paste in Yahoo mail doesn't quite work out so hopefully I am judged on the content, not the style

 

Post a Comment

<< Home