ALLIGATORS IN A HELICOPTER

a pro script reader ponders movies, reading, writing and the occasional personal flashback

Sunday, August 28, 2005

So this is a blog....

I signed up to comment on someone else's blog, and wound up with one of my own. America is a great place.

I'm a longtime scriptreader/aspiring writer, first in Manhattan and for the past 7 years out here in Los Angeles. I've written about 8700 pieces of coverage, which means 1) my brain hurts, and 2) I never have time to work on my own stuff. Still, it's a heck of an education.

The title refers to the upcoming film "Snakes on a Plane", the title of which has apparently struck a cord, so I thought this would make a great sequel. The true test of a great writer is to mine a 95-minute movie out of at least two alligators in a very small helicopter.

I guess if I get distracted, I'll write more soon. I'll try to figure out what stories I can tell without getting fired.

Scott

7 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, Blogger Webs said...

How small a helicopter?

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Scott the Reader said...

You know. Two rows of seats. Small enough to where the pilot can toss his jacket on the backseat when he gets in, and yet not notice that it's draped over the head of a couple of gators.

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Grubber said...

Do the gators have to be real? ;-) Could they be small remote controlled CIA assassin alligators that are slipped into the sewer system to come up through the toilet and terminate their target...with prejudice.

I just winced at my own writing.

Welcome Scott!

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Scott the Reader said...

Or maybe they could be small-but-deadly alligators, who are velcroed to remote-controlled planes and flown up to the helicopter that way. Maybe it's the President's helicopter, and he's played by a graying Judd Nelson.

I think I hear the USA Network calling...

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Grubber said...

And Steve Irwin could actually be Dr Evils cousin from Down Under(for the obligatory cliched trip down under in the series/movie, which is just one step ahead of a Jump the Shark move) and he is actually trying to take over the world, and create one huge Australia Zoo, with all the countries just exhibits in his master plan, which is to then sell tickets to aliens to come and gawk at the humans.

But then Tom Cruise decides that he is not afraid of aliens(lightening though, is apparently another story) and he saves the world, including Boston, which was not taken over in his master plan, I think it was just the food court.

Crikey! ;-)

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Grubber said...

lightning..goddamnit!

 
At 2:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bollocks, I'm already writing 'Terrapins in a Chinook'.

(PS - Not a native American from Oregon)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home